The attorneys at GAY & GAY, P.C. strive for the best legal results for you and your business. We are committed to our clients and are proud of the relationships we build and nurture. Our clients benefit from the responsiveness and personal focus of our award-winning attorneys.
GAY & GAY, P.C. have represented many individuals who were either injured on the job, or were injured as a result of someone else’s negligent, reckless, or in some cases intentional conduct.
Some types of personal injury claims include:
- Motor Vehicle Accident
- Workers Compensation
- Sexual Abuse / Molestation
- Dog Bite
- Premises Liability
- Assault and Battery
- Product Liability
Our attorneys counsel clients on all matters concerning estate planning and probate including, but not limited to:
- Drafting wills
- Pre-marital agreements
- Revocable trusts & Irrevocable trusts
- Living wills & powers of attorney for health and financial purposes
- Executor and administrative responsibilities
- Estate litigation
- Will contests
Family Law covers a broad range of legal issues including:
- Premarital/antenuptial agreements
- Child support issues, post decree modifications
- Child custody
- Adoptions and related issues
- Guardianships & conservatorships,
- Trust management
- Our attorneys are experienced in each of these different areas and possess a careful understanding of each client’s personal situation. We work hard to ensure the protection of our client’s rights in these sensitive matters..
Real Estate, Zoning & Land Use
Our attorneys provide expert service in the area of real estate transactions. Whether it be residential or commercial, our attorneys counsel clients in the purchase, refinance, sale, development, and construction of property. Whether you are buying your first home, condo, investment property, or commercial building we are able to handle all of your real estate related questions and concerns.
We can help you ascertain a Variance, Building Permit and address other legal issues concerning land use and real estate.
Municipal law has been a cornerstone of attorney David T. Gay's practice for more than three decades. In this time, he has served and continues to serve as Town Counsel for the Town of West Bridgewater, Town of Dighton, Berkly, Onset Water District, Town Rehoboth, Dighton Water District and Diocese of Fall River. GAY & GAY, P.C. represents clients before individual municipal boards, city councils, zoning committees, school boards and other regulatory bodies. We act as special counsel in discreet matters involving:
- Zoning and land use
- Business licensing
- Regulations regarding signage and public advertising
- Residential real estate and affordable housing development
- Education and school law, including special education
Our attorneys have over 35 years of criminal defense law experience with cases ranging from simple misdemeanors to felony and murder charges. We are able to assist clients with any criminal related issue at both the state and federal level.
GAY & GAY, P.C. have represented many individuals and businesses in the state’s small claims, housing, and superior court as well as the federal district courts in Massachusetts.
Some types of recently handled civil litigation claims include:
- Defense of a boundary line dispute brought by a neighbor
- Defense of a breach of construction contract claim brought by a homeowner
- Defense of home improvement claim where the contractor did not have insurance coverage
- Defense of a claim brought by a former partner for an interest in real property
Labor & Employment Law
Our attorneys have successfully participated in and litigated various labor and employment law cases. We work with clients in all facets of employment relationships. We have extensive experience in litigating in various administrative agencies and are able to counsel clients on effective dispute prevention and resolution. We strive to help clients create, operate and participate in successful work environments.
Business Organizations & Transactions
Our attorneys have extensive experience working with businesses in all stages of development from start-ups to existing corporate entities.
- Limited liability companies (LLC)
- General and LimitedPpartnerships
- Professional Corporations
- We counsel businesses in formation, corporate structures, compensations schedules, employment issues and more..
Housing & Landlord/ Tenant Law
GAY & GAY, P.C. represent both landlords and tenants involved in property-related disputes. Our goal is to find a workable resolution to disputes that achieve our clients' goals. Most landlord-tenant cases are resolved outside of court through negotiation or mediation.
We represent clients in a wide range of landlord-tenant disputes, including those involving:
- Nonpayment of rent
- Escrow of rent
- Deposit refunds
- Evictions (termination of tenancy, notice to vacate)
- Violation of lease or rental agreement provisions
- Failure to give proper notice